Siemens and Motorola deal is off

5 May 2005 | Motorola , Siemens | 0 comments


Share

Last week, a German newspaper reported that Siemens and Motorola were talking about a partnership in the run-up to a meeting of Siemens' supervisory board.

Klaus Kleinfeld, Siemens CEO said during the board meeting that he planned to sell the mobile devices business, but did not say anything about Motorola. Kleinfeld also said Siemens still wants to find a partner for its mobile phone division.

On May 3, in its Wednesday edition, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported that the deal between the two mobile phone manufacturers will not happen. Unknown sources say that Motorola declined the offer. Neither Siemens or Motorola wished to comment.

~ 0 comments ~